Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April Lesson Plan


Each month, I have a theme for the lesson plan in the Two's Room. Most years, April's theme is Easter, with a lesson and craft each week about the Easter story. So what to do this year when Easter is the first Sunday of the month?

This year we'll be reviewing an old favorite (of mine, the two and three year olds haven't seen it yet this year): Noah's Ark!

Our first week we will "build" an ark.

Our second week we'll have a fun craft where the kids glue animals onto an ark.

The last week of April the kids will assemble a rainbow, and learn about God's promise never to flood the earth again.

Every week we will read the bible story of Noah from our illustrated kid's bible, and read a couple of picture books of the story of Noah.

There will also be Ark playsets for the kids to play with, and a coloring page each week.

Be sure and ask your child about Noah and his ark! I would be very curious to hear some of their answers.

"Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God." Genesis 6:9

"And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.'" Genesis 9:12

No comments:

Post a Comment